Celebrating the lifestyle of the Pocono Lake Region is the picturesque Hawley Silk Mill. The historic Hawley Silk Mill building has been in the community since 1880 and was a working Silk Mill until 1956. Today, the Hawley Silk Mill supports the vision of bringing the community together to shop, gather, eat, exercise, and learn. Check out our list of the top 5 things to do and see at Hawley Silk Mill.
- Located at the front of Hawley Silk Mill is Cocoon Coffee House and Bakery. The food at Cocoon is always fresh and affordable and perfect to grab on the go. The inside of Cocoon is inviting and cozy. The atmosphere is an ideal spot for sipping coffee and even wine or beer. Their menu features items like quiche, salads, soups and panini sandwiches. Pair your special blend of Electric City Roasters Coffee with a pastry or muffin and your day is sure to start off on the right foot. Cocoon Coffee House and Bakery is open daily starting at 7 a.m.
2. Once you’ve had your morning coffee, it’s time to start shopping. Art lovers will enjoy stopping by Hawley Silk Mill’s Looking Glass Art Gallery. Owners Millie and Juan H. Espino had an original vision to have the gallery feature local talent. Today, they have grown to represent work from all over the world. Owner Juan H. Espino even features his own unique folk style art at the gallery. His work gives a glimpse into life in Hawley, PA. The gallery is open for viewing at 10 a.m.
3. Santiago Cigar Factory offers another unique shopping opportunity at the Hawley Silk Mill. Offering the finest in handmade cigars, Santiago Cigar Factory makes their cigars with custom blends from the world’s finest tobaccos. Santiago Cigar Factory can also be a great addition to your event or party. Their Master Roller with over 37 years of experience can teach your guests how to roll a cigar like a pro. If you prefer not to have a hands-on station, they can even set up a Cigar Bar complete with highly trained tobacconist. Visit their store to purchase Kandy Kanes, Doble, Bulldog Connecticut, Bulldog Pennsylvania, and Sun Grown Sumatra. They are closed on Monday and Tuesday, but open daily at 10 a.m.
4. Once you have filled your shopping bag, stop by Hawley Silk Mill’s Lake Region Fitness. Lake Region Fitness is open 7 days a week. They offer a range of workout options with everything from free weights to yoga, spinning to Zumba. The gym’s personal trainers can create a custom workout. Lake Region opens Monday-Thursdays at 5 a.m., Friday at 5:30 a.m., 7 a.m. on Saturdays and 9 a.m. on Sundays.
5. In addition to great shopping and eating, Hawley Silk Mill is also home to Lackawanna College-Lake Region. This state-of-the-art academic center offers continuing education courses, business, and industry training. A few of their programs on campus include Education, Criminal Justice-counseling, Liberal Studies, Business Administration and Hospitality Management. The Lake Region campus offers online classes and summer school courses.
We invite you to visit us here at The Settlers Inn when you visit Hawley, PA. We are a restored 1920s Arts and Crafts Lodge serving the Lake Wallenpaupack region. We have 23 beautiful and spacious guest suites and an award-winning restaurant on site. We’d love to help you book the perfect room for your stay. Contact us today at 570-226-2993.
Photo courtesy of Jumping Rocks