There’s no time like the present to start checking items off your bucket list. There are quite a few Poconos summer activities that are great for the entire family to enjoy. Feeling adventurous? The Pocono Mountains offer great activities including parasailing over beautiful Lake Wallenpaupack to zip lining through the trees taking in the views. You’ve heard the phrase, you only live once. Check out our list of 5 of the best Poconos summer activities to put on your bucket list.
- For the ultimate feeling of floating through the air, check out parasailing at Pocono Action Sports. Find your way to Lighthouse Harbor Marina for an experience on the lake for the entire family. Ages 5 and up can experience the rush of adrenaline as you float in the parachute taking in the panoramic views. Parasailing is offered Monday through Friday and costs $70 per person. Participants should expect to be out for around 1.5 hours.
- Another family activity that is sure to spike an adrenaline rush is whitewater rafting. At Pocono Whitewater at Lehigh River Gorge State Park families can hop aboard and paddle for 8 miles. Pocono Whitewater will also provide an all you can eat lunch from Riverside Barbeque. Rates for rafting range from $36.99 for children to $56.99 for adults. Whitewater rafting begins Memorial Day weekend and runs through Labor Day.
- Grab a partner and make your way to one of the largest big zips in the United States. Kittatinny Canoes is located in Barryville, NY. Kittatinny’s dual zip drops 36 stories as you race through the trees at 150 feet in the air. The entire trip can last around 45 minutes with each zip lasting around 2 minutes. Zip lining is offered from April through October.
- Wally Lake Fest is an annual summer event filled with live music and entertainment all weekend long. The 2016 Wally Lake Fest dates are August 26th through the 28th. This end of summer weekend event features live music and entertainment all over Hawley. Last year’s Wallypalooza was a hit event with live music on a floating stage on Lake Wallenpaupack. Other fun events to look forward to is an ice cream social, music on Palmyra Township beach, and fun in the water on the lake.
- Have you ever thought about the adrenaline rush that comes with playing an action packed game of paintball? Paintball is an exciting game that is played on many acres of varying terrain. Pocono Mountain Paintball is a family owned and operated business located in Nesquehoning, PA just a short drive from Jim Thorpe. A full day of play is reasonable priced at $29.95 per person and includes their top of the line equipment. Kids must be at least 10 years old to play. The price includes a free hot dog after playing.
The summer season is a wonderful time of year to visit our beautiful Inn. Our rooms offer varying views of the garden and Bingham Park. If you will be visiting the area for the first time, be sure to download our free Vacation Guide. The guide has all the information you’ll need on where to eat, the best places to shop, and all the outdoor activities in the surrounding areas. For reservation information or to inquire about our current specials, give us a call at 570-226-2993.