It’s not too late to see a performance by the Northeastern Pennsylvania Philharmonic this season. Under the musical direction of Lawrence Loh, the Northeastern Pennsylvania Philharmonic is a must when visiting the Pocono Mountains. Since the 1970-71 seasons, people from around the region have been enjoying performances ranging from classical to pop.
The Northeastern Pennsylvania Philharmonic isn’t the only fun activity to experience in the Pocono Mountains. For more information on what to see and do while you’re here, download our Delaware Highlands Vacation Guide. Not only is the guide free, but we’ve also done all the work for you in compiling the best of what the area offers. Simply click on the link, fill out the form, and the guide will show up in your inbox. It’s that simple!
Here’s Why You Need to See the Northeastern Pennsylvania Philharmonic!
Coming up on May 5th, the Masterworks IV will put on their 2016/17 grand season finale at 8 pm. Not only will the orchestra perform Symphony No. 9, but it will also perform Mozart’s masterpiece Requiem in D minor K. Don’t miss this event at the F.M. Kirby Center, Wilkes-Barre.
If you are unfamiliar with the variety of performances put on by the Northeastern Pennsylvania Philharmonic, there is something for all ages throughout the season.
- The Masterworks Series is the most formal of the concert series with the largest number of musicians.
- The PNC Pops series features a celebration of classical music in pop culture. This year, the series put on performances including Wicked Divas, A Night at the Oscars and The Piano Men.
- The Chamber Concerts offers guests a more up close and personal experience. Ticketholders can attend a reception following the concert with a meet-and-greet with the musicians.
- The Family Series gives children an opportunity to appreciate and enjoy the concerts.
- And finally, one of the most popular events of the season is the Holiday Series. Not only is it an annual tradition, but it’s also an excellent way to get everyone into the holiday spirit. This past year, they celebrated with the Sounds of the Season. During the Holiday concerts, participating restaurants offer special discounts to ticket holders.
The Northeastern Pennsylvania Philharmonic’s mission is to present live symphonic performances and music education at the highest level of artistic excellence, enriching and engaging the people of the region. Concerts last approximately 2 hours with an intermission. Tickets for these events can be purchased before the concert at the box office or through their website. Season ticket packages and single tickets are both available.
Make a Weekend Out of Your Trip to the Pocono Mountains!
Come to the Pocono Mountains, and you may never want to leave. We would be delighted to host you during your stay right here at The Settlers Inn. May is a wonderful month to come for a visit. We will be celebrating Moms with a Mother’s Day brunch on May 14th. We’ll also be kicking off the summer season with our Memorial Day brunch May 27th through the 29th. In addition to our wonderful farm-to-table restaurant on the property, we are home to The Potting Shed, plenty of outdoor recreation, and 23 beautifully appointed guest rooms. Don’t wait to book your reservation with us. We look forward to hosting you during your stay!