Since it began back in 2002, the Milford Music Festival has been a favorite summertime event. Formerly known as the Milford Jazz Festival, the Milford Music Festival is a free event, where music fills the tree-lined streets and people come together to enjoy the sound of local talent. During the Milford Music Festival, the music includes everything from blues and jazz to rock and pop. Make plans now to attend this year’s festival happening on the weekend of June 10.
What if we told you there was a free guide that is full of information about what to do when planning your getaway? Well, there is and it is just bursting with tips on what to do when you’re here. The Delaware Highlands Vacation Guide covers area festivals, like the Milford Music Festival, attractions, local restaurants worth a try, and outdoor activities around the area. Whether you are visiting the Pocono Mountains for the first time or are looking for new ideas for things to try, our Vacation Guide is just what you need.
Here are 5 things you’ll love about the Milford Music Festival!
- The Milford Music Festival’s mission is to fill the tree-lined streets with music and people. The historic town of Milford is a fun place to explore with many of its buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the music fills the streets, enjoy a walk through the town, soaking up the view of the historic buildings and houses.
- No matter how old you are, the Milford Music Festival offers a genre of music for everyone. With over 30 businesses taking part in this music event, you’ll hear everything from blues, pop, and jazz, to rock playing all over town. For a complete list of all the fun happening at this year’s Milford Music Festival, their website will have all the up-to-date information.
- Who doesn’t love a good block party? Jorgensen’s Block Party at Dimmick Inn is a festival favorite each year. The party will take place at the corner of Broad and Harford Street. Put on your dancing shoes, grab a drink and let loose.
- Another fun event to look forward to at the Milford Music Festival is free ice cream at Belle Reve Senior Living. Come out and enjoy a tasty treat while music fills the air.
- Shoppers get ready as the festival is also home to an area of sidewalk shopping. There is also more shopping in Milford at area businesses. You’ll find many antique stores, home décor, local jewelry and art and specialty gifts.
Plan your getaway to the Pocono Mountains and start with a stay in Hawley!
When traveling to the Pocono Mountains this summer, plan to stay with us here at The Settlers Inn in Hawley, PA. We are located 25 miles from Milford, PA. You’ll return at the end of the day to one of our 23 beautifully appointed guest rooms. During the month of June, we have so many fun events planned at the Inn. We would love to have you join us for our Father’s Day Brunch on the weekend of June 19. For more information on how you can enjoy a getaway with us, please contact us!