Oh, how we love the fall here in the Pocono Mountains. The weather gets crisp and cool, the leaves begin to change to a rich hue of fall colors, and the fall festivals are abundant. Fall festivals are a fun way to spend a weekend in the Pocono Mountains. The Settlers Inn in Hawley, Pennsylvania is bustling with many fall events to keep you entertained in the coming months. One of our favorite events to tell you about is the upcoming Honesdale Fall Festival, also known as Harvest and Heritage Days. For years, the Honesdale Fall Festival has been attracting visitors and locals alike to get into the fall spirit.
Here are 7 reasons you can’t miss the Honesdale Fall Festival!
- Historic Honesdale, Pennsylvania comes alive at the annual Honesdale Fall festival. This year’s festival, sponsored by Wayne Bank, will be held October 8th and 9th. One thing not to miss when attending is the craft vendors. Vendors will line Main Street at the festival providing many shopping opportunities!
- If you love scarecrows, you will love to find them all over Honesdale. In years past, visitors have enjoyed finding the scarecrows around town that each vendor has created to represent their business.
- What’s a fall festival without food and music? The Honesdale Fall Festival is a great place to grab a seat, eat delicious food and music while you take in the views of the fall decorations. There will be pumpkins, corn stalks, and hay bales to get you into an autumn state of mind.
- Arrive at the festival in style and grab a ride on the Stourbridge Line. The Honesdale Express departs the Hawley station at 1:45 pm and returns to Hawley at 3:00 pm. Tickets are only $20 for adults, $12 for junior tickets and no charge for children 2 and under. You’ll enjoy beautiful views of the Lackawaxen River. Rides to Hawley will continue through October 20th.
- Saturday night, be sure to come to Central Park to see the more than 75 antique cars on display. There will be a cruise, starting at 5:00 pm, around the park, accompanied by 50’s music.
- The Pets on Pawrade will celebrate its 9th year at the fall festival. A costume contest and parade will be held at the park starting at noon on Saturday. Prizes will be awarded in 3 categories.
- Just a few of the other fun events to look forward to at this year’s Honesdale Fall Festival are hayrides both Saturday and Sunday, children’s pumpkin painting, and the Soup ‘R Chili Taste-off! Demonstrations that will be held at the festival will include martial arts and beekeeping. There are more details coming soon about the Honesdale Fall Festival so stay tuned for more information.
Come out and enjoy a fall weekend with us!
The Settlers Inn is nestled in the Pocono Mountains town of Hawley. We offer 23 guest rooms with 4 different room types. Most rooms feature a seasonal fireplace for those chilly autumn evenings. If you find yourself in our neck of the woods in October, we have plenty of annual events we know you’ll love. Stick around for our Storytelling Dinner which will be a Prix Fixe menu starting at 6:30 pm on Oct. 26th & 27th. For more information on our upcoming events this fall, check out our calendar. Give us a call at 570-226-2993 and let us help you plan your weekend getaway to the Pocono Mountains.