Oh, how we love the fall here in the Pocono Mountains. The weather gets crisp and cool, the leaves begin to change to a rich hue of colors, and fall festivals are abundant. Fall festivals are a fun way to spend a weekend in the Pocono Mountains. The Settlers Inn in Hawley, Pennsylvania is bustling with many fall events to keep you entertained in the coming months. One of our favorites is Honesdale’s Harvest and Heritage Days. Honesdale’s Fall Festival attracts visitors and locals alike to get into the fall spirit.
7 reasons You Can’t Miss Harvest and Heritage Days
- Historic Honesdale, Pennsylvania comes alive during the annual Harvest and Heritage Days. This year’s festival, sponsored by Wayne Bank, is October 12 and 13. Craft vendors will line Main Street throughout the festival providing many shopping opportunities!
- See what’s in season at the Wayne County Farmer’s Market on Saturday from 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Vendors offer everything from fresh produce and flowers to herbs, meat, honey and eggs.
- What’s a fall festival without food and music? Harvest and Heritage Days is a great place to grab a seat, eat delicious food and listen to music while you take in the views of the fall decorations. Pumpkins, corn stalks and hay bales decorate town, too help you get into an autumn state of mind.
- Arrive at the festival in style and grab a ride on the Stourbridge Line. The Honesdale Express departs the Hawley station at 12:45 p.m. Tickets are only $20 for adults, $10 for junior tickets and no charge for children 2 and under. You’ll enjoy beautiful views of the Lackawaxen River. Rides to Hawley will continue throughout October.
- Saturday night, come to Central Park to see the more than 75 antique cars on display. The cruise, starts at 5 pm, around the park, accompanied by ’50s music.
- The Pets on Parade celebrates its 7th year at the fall festival. The parade down Main Street begins at 1 p.m. on Sunday followed by costume judging at Fred Miller Pavilion.
- Just a few of the other fun events to look forward to at this year’s Honesdale Fall Festival are hayrides both Saturday and Sunday, children’s pumpkin painting, and exhibits at the newly expanded Wayne County Historical Society Museum.
Come out and enjoy a fall weekend with us!
The Settlers Inn is nestled in the Pocono Mountains town of Hawley. We offer 23 guest rooms with four different room types. Most rooms feature a seasonal fireplace for those chilly autumn evenings. If you find yourself in our neck of the woods in October, we have plenty of annual events we know you’ll love. Stick around for our Storytelling Dinner which will be a Prix Fixe menu starting at 6:30 pm on Oct. 25 & 26. For more information on our upcoming events this fall, check out our calendar. Give us a call at 570-226-2993 and let us help you plan your weekend getaway to the Pocono Mountains.